Sunday, January 23, 2005

Welcome

I haven't written anything on my blog in an extremely long time, so long in fact that I doubt anyone still visits my blog to see if I have posted anything. Mine was a dead blog. So I thought, instead of resuscitating it. I would just delete it and resurrect it anew.

To my friends and family, I am doing well here in Moscow, Idaho, learning much at New St. Andrews College. This term we have an assignment in history class to be a monk for a few minutes each day, reading a psalm outloud and a creed, reading from the Rule for Monasteries and copying down a short passage from the book of Hubakkuk. I am also researching my grandfather, Pastor Herbert Butt, to write a paper about him. I think I am more excited about this assignment than any I have had while getting a B.A. in history from the University of Idaho!

6 comments:

lilshortbread said...

i still check your blog from time-to-time... but you have not posted since january.... hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Sunny, thanks for checking out the site! I didn't anyone still did. I noticed that you have a lot of links on your blog to NSA and Christ Church people in Moscow. Do you have a sibling at NSA? Have I met you before?

fiona said...

Like my sister "sunny" i read your blog and find it interesting :-). We met you (and some of the other NSA/Moscow people) in Feb. '04 at the ball practice when we were in Moscow for the history conference. (We are actually from Alberta, Canada).

Anonymous said...

Ah! Yes. I remember you and your name both and I'm glad you like my blog. I shall endevour to write something interesting more often. Will you and your sister be able to make it to the Trinity Festival in August?

fiona said...

As much as coming to another conference would be really wonderful (I enjoyed the other one a lot), I don't think that we will be going (at least not this year). I think it's neat that we can read the blogs of all the people we met while in Moscow!

lilshortbread said...

looks like my lil sis talks for me, eh? :-D
Yes, i have links to some of the NSA/moscowites etc cuz i blog-hop and i found out last year that several people from there have blogs or IM. :-) and i found your blog through jake joiner's, last spring i think it was. :-)
We were hoping to be able to attend the Trinity Fest, but it looks lieka no-go this year. :-(
Thanks for posting again! :-)