Friday, April 08, 2005

Herbert W. Butt

Recently my history teacher here at New St. Andrews College assigned an “oral history project,” which required us students to interview our grandparents and collect articles contemporary to events in their lives. The following paper on Herbert W. Butt is the result of my research.

http://free.hostdepartment.com/m/martinbecktell/index.htm

Herbert is my mom’s dad. He was pastor of Reformed persuasion. In fact, his theology is very similar to what I have come to imbibe here at Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho. He had ten kids and loved mountains and sacred music and the Word of God. I wish I could have met him! Thanks to all my Aunts and Uncles for your recollections. I hope that this paper will be of service to all Herbert’s descendents and I invite your feedback.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Marty - I believe it was Rev. Butt who gave these sermons at Aisquith PCA in Baltimore, MD -

http://www.aisquith.org/audio-sermons/?preacher=15

I do not have a picture nor a bio for him. Do you have something that I could put on his bio page?

Rich Brown
Aisquith Presbyterian Church